A Note to our Real Estate Partners
Congressional Insurance Associates is extremely happy to be affiliated with some fantastic Real Estate offices in the Greater Washington area and we wanted to share some of the things we talk about at their monthly meetings to all of our referral partners, as well as new and prospective clients:
1. We are excited to announce the hiring of Connie Vasquez as our new office manager, effective October 1st. Connie brings over 5 years of insurance experience to our agency, is bilingual, and is a great asset to our team. Her email is CVasquez@InsureCongressional.com and our office phone number is 240-912-4150. This will allow our agency to grow, while also maintaining a superior level of service and education for our customers and referral partners.
2. There are new guidelines coming to the real estate world that require home buyers to get everything completed earlier than before, however we have been operating with that precedence for our entire insurance careers. With the new guidelines, obtaining home insurance early is now more important than ever. We also offer an early shopper discount to people who start obtaining insurance early and we can get things done quickly so it's one less thing to worry about. We recommend getting started right around inspection time.
3. Here are a few things that can cause issues with obtaining home insurance:
- Having a roof over 20 years old.
- Not replacing your central heating system in the last 25 years.
- Having a wood burning stove not up to code.
4. Don't forget that we offer CLUE/FLOOD reports to any homes you are placing offers on or are listing for sale. All we need is the name of the buyer/seller and the address.
5. This surprises many people; however insurance companies would rather see you file one claim for $100,000 versus three claims that are $1,000 each. This is because studies show frequency leads to severity. We coach all of our clients on this.
Thanks so much for your support. Don’t forget that we offer Rate Lock for auto insurance, Guaranteed Replacement Cost on home insurance, and gift cards for referrals, as long as you are not subject to RESPA. Please don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/InsureCongressional.
Michael Herson, LUTCF (MHerson@InsureCongressional.com)
Ian Higgins, LUTCF (IHiggins@InsureCongressional.com)